Saturday, August 05, 2006

So We Climbed An Active Volcano...





in Antigua, an hour west of Guatemala City. The hike was a bit long, but it was worth it. Lava is a fascinating thing, and I learned a few things along the way. 1st - Lava is Hot 2nd - Do Not stand close to lava for a long time. It is hot. 3rd - Adam is an idiot(I already kind of knew that one). I thought it would be cool to get a picture next to flowing lava so I have ´the boy´position himself with the camera so I can quickly run up next to the lava, get the photo, and then retreat. I run up to the lava and ´the boy´works on focusing the camera and what not. In the meantime my ear feels like it is going to burn off(I don´t know why lava likes to go after the ears) so in the photo you can see me turning away when the boy finally gets the shot off. My ear is still burning days later. In retaliation I let ´the boy´ sit there a while for his photo. You can see him reaching for his ear in pain here. In the last photo I am saving the village below by using super human wind to turn the lava to rock. They had a huge parade for me. Ironically, I blew the whole town down with that same super human wind after the parade. The survivors asked me why. I think the better question is why not.

3 Comments:

Blogger H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

This is not an appropriate place to post your desperate pleas for attention. Oh wait, this is the 2mancoup blogspot right? nevermind, post on...

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not, indeed.


Why not, indeed.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fLIPPING sWEET!!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home